Values & Ethos
St. George’s Church of England Academy believes that:
Many Hearts Make a School
Incorporating fundamental and traditional British values, our school:-
- is distinguished by the quality of care given to all our extended family of school, home and parish;
- promotes attitudes of mutual respect, tolerance and responsibility;
- celebrates diversity and difference;
- aims to give every child the opportunity to develop their full academic and spiritual potential;
- builds Christian values into the ethos and teaching within an Anglican framework yet exerts no pressure to believe.
School Ethos and Values
The overall ethos of the school is to develop an environment which demonstrates to the child the highest standards, ethics and moral behaviour incorporating traditional British values. This is accomplished within a family environment, where each individual is valued.
Together we learn to tolerate each other, respect each others’ views and grow together in preparation for going out into the wider world, taking with us skills, experiences and moral values developed within the ‘family’ of our school.
The school’s Church of England foundation is reflected in the spiritual and moral awareness that we encourage through all aspects of both the curriculum and school life, preparing young lives for the responsibilities of their citizenship.