FRIENDSHIP is a very important Christian Value and one that children can relate to through their everyday experiences. The bible tells us that Jesus was a friend to all, regardless of who they were. He taught them that God is our friend and wants us to be like Him in our friendships with others. Christian believe they can call God their friend because of the relationship made possible through Jesus.
Prayer for Friendship
Bless my life with the gift of friendship,
For those who have chosen to be my friend,
I am grateful,
Let our love, respect and affection for each other flourish.
Make me a good friend, one who is loyal and caring and ready to forgive.
To you who are our truest friend I pray.
We read stories from The Bible to explore Friendship:
- Jacob reconciled with Esau Genesis 33
- David and Jonathan Samuel 1:18-19
- The Chariot of Fire 2 Kings 2
- Twelve Special Friends Matthew 10, Mark 3, Luke 6
- Martha, Mary and Lazarus Luke 10
- Secret Disciples John 19
- Breakfast by Galilee John 21
- Being Friends with God 2 Corinthians 5
- God’s Friends Genesis 12,17,18,21
- Jesus’ Special Friends Luke 5
- An Important Meal Matthew 26
- The Good Samaritan Luke 10:25-37