Mindful Activities – Finding Calm – 11.5.2020
Hello St George’s,
This week our mindful activities, will focus on finding calm. Here are our first two activities. We hope you enjoy trying them out.
Balanced Breathing – Steady yourself with your breath
- Sit mindfully with your spine straight and body relaxed. Take three soft, slow mindful breaths.
- Press your fingers against one nostril to block it off. Breathe in through your other nostril and hold your breath.
- Now remove your fingers and block off your other nostril. Breathe out slowly through the open nostril and breathe in again
- Block the first nostril again. Breathe out slowly through the open nostril and breathe in again.
- Continue switching side and breathe out and in three times on each side.
- When you are done, relax your hands in your lap. Take three more mindful breaths through both nostrils.
- Take a moment to notice how you are feeling.
Shake the Sillies Out – Calm your wiggles
- Stand still like a statue. Breath in and hold your breath.
- Breathe out and shake out your arms. Shake them high. Shake then low.
- Shake out your legs. Shake them this way. Shake them that way.
- Shake your body until it’s loose. Shake, shake, shake your sillies out. See them fly off you like droplets.
- Flop down gently into a chair or onto a mat. Now let that last silly out: “Ahhh!”
- Take three soft, slow mindful breaths. Fill your nose, your lungs and your tummy. Then return to your day.
Enjoy, stay safe, well and happy. xxx