Mindful Activities – Focus – 20.5.20
Hello St Georges,
Please find below two more activities to extend and maintain your focus.
Mind Magic – Stretch your imagination
- Sit mindfully with your spine straight and your body relaxed. Close your eyes and take three soft, slow, mindful breaths.
- Imagine you are an animal. Focus your attention on your skin and fur. Notice how it holds together all your animal muscles and bones.
- Now imagine your skin stretching you into a new animal form. What does it feel like? Are you bigger or smaller?
- Now imagine that instead of being just one animal you are three. What does it feel like to breathe and move like three animals.
- Now imagine all the animals disappear. You are still there but invisible. What does that feel like? Where does your breath go when you are invisble?
- When you are ready, open your eyes and notice your human body again.
Imagine yourself in new shapes trains your mind to be flexible.
Mental Snapshot – Play a memory game with friends
- This is a game for two or more people. You need a cloth or blanket and seven different objects such as pebbles, buttons , crayons or small toys. Add more to make the game more challenging.
- Sit together in a circle. Choose a leader. The leader sets out the seven objects close where everyone can see them.
- Everyone in the group is given a minute to look at the objects and try to remember them all.
- The leader covers the objects with a cloth or blanket, then takes one object away without letting anyone see it.
- The leader removes the cloth or blanket and everyone looks again to figure out which object is missing. Take turns being the leader.
Challenge: Instead of taking one object away, the leader places the objects in a row and writes down the order of objects, then mixes them up. The Team works together to place them back in the right order.
Enjoy. Stay safe and well. xxx