Mindfulness Activities – Focus – 18.5.2020
Hello St George’s ,
This week are mindful activities are focusing on helping you to focus and maintain it.
Mind Castle – Develop your powers of concentration
- Sit mindfully with your spine straight and body relaxed. Close your eyes and take three soft, slow mindful breaths.
- Draw a castle in your mind. What does it look like on the outside? Does it have towers and a drawbridge?
- Now go inside your castle. What do you see? Wander through the rooms. Notice the shapes, smells and sounds in each room.
- If you start to think of something else, take a deep breath and blow out the air, Bring your thoughts back to your castle.
- Finish when you have explored every room. What did you discover?
You are building brain power when you pay attention to all the details, of your mind castle.
Tap and Wiggle – Boost your Brain Power
- Stand or sit with your feet touching the floor. Hold your hands close in front of your chest. Palms facing each other.
- Try to tap one foot up and down and count to five. While you are tapping try to wiggle the fingers of your hand on the opposite side.
- Switch sides. Tap your other foot and count to five. Wiggle the fingers of your hand on the other side.
- Switch back and forth as many times as your can. If you make a mistake, laugh out loud and start over.
This wakes your brain because you are doing two different things at one, on opposite sides of your body.
Enjoy. Stay safe and well.