Yoga Poses of the Day – 12.5.2020
Hello St Georges,
We hope you enjoy trying out these Yoga Poses.
Slide (Benefits: Strengthen and Stretch)
This pose is a challenging full-body strengthener. Encourage your child to use strong arms to keep shoulders away from his ears.
What to do:
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Put your hands on the floor behind you. Keep your legs nice and straight and point your toes.
- Life your hips up high off the floor. Use you tummy muscles to hold your tummy up, straight and strong. Breathe in and out three times.
- Lower your bottom to the floor and rest for a moment before trying it again.
- Repeat three times.
Shark Pose (Benefits: Strengthen and Stretch)
Shark pose isn’t so much a backbend as it is an exercise to lengthen the spine. It will also open the chest and the lungs while stretching the shoulders and strengthening the arms, back and core muscles.
What to do:
- Begin by lying down on your tummy.
- Clasp your hands behind your back to make your shark fin.
- Breathe in and lift up your arms, legs and chest all at the same time. Keep your neck long and your eyes on a focus point in front of you.
- Breathe in and out three to five times before releasing your hands and coming back down to rest on your tummy. Rest your head on your forearms before repeating twice more.
- Rest in Child’s Pose.
Enjoy. Stay safe and well. xxx